Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Storms...

Now and then, a summer storm explodes through the woods and the roof of my cabin dances within its chaos. I love the joy it brings as I sit and listen and laugh. Thunder and lightning play peek-a-boo with each other and the wind whips the leaves of my trees until they give up and turn upside down.

It is intense for a short while, and then it passes. In its wake a light vapor hangs over the moist forest floor. Peering out my window I am privy to sights that normally go unnoticed. The explosions of newly exposed tree roots appear white and shiny, as if rubbed by a fine polishing cloth.

Damp earth gives the air a new aroma of freshness, and at once I feel blended with nature again. Through the open windows of my cabin I hear nothing for a few minutes, but the woodland sounds quickly return. Turkey and deer come back to my feeding stations, while birds fill the air with their melodies.

As the song goes, “I am, as God created me…in the Light, in the Love, in the Glory….”

No comments:

Post a Comment