Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hibernation...



February has its ups and downs weather wise. In my mind I see the ocean, sailboats, and lobster traps of a Maine shoreline. Ahhhh, it brings a smile to my face.

Coming back to reality I look outside my cabin window and realize that the animals in my woods have a break so far this year. Each day we're closer to spring and new growth on the underbrush and trees. The deer, turkeys, fox and other animals seem to sense the change that will soon begin. I can tell from the way they nibble at the tips of the brush, checking to see if the new buds have arrived.

It is quiet now, a time to look inside myself for indications of change. What have I learned that I can bring forward? With the few weeks left of winter hibernation I look forward to learning more, understanding more, and being grateful for the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment