Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Susan Richards Workshop

Take a writing workshop!

On Sunday I came back from Woodstock, NY, and the Susan Richards workshop. Was it remarkable? Yes! Was Susan a good teacher for this group? She was a rock star! (Cliche??)

At her home, nestled in the Catskill Mountains, I grew as a writer and I grew personally. Susan laughed with us, cried with us, and gave this group of hers enough skills to last a lifetime. Susan did not hold back in her critiques and we'll always be grateful for her honesty. If my writing could be better in places, she helped me. If she liked what I had to say, she complimented me and helped me feel worthy of my work.

So, take a workshop. Do it. If I can, so can you. Five days of listening, growing, and getting feedback. Lynn and Michele, the two other writers in my group, critiqued my manuscript along with Susan. Their help was accepted, and it came back to me with caring and love.


Susan, you really know how to run a workshop! Thank you.

In the picture:
Michele, Susan, Me, and Lynn.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, Sal. I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was all you'd hoped it would be!

    ReplyDelete